AboriginalCareers.ca Job Board
|Title||Building Maintenance Technician (Telecommunications) – Various Locations|
BGIS is a leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 team members globally, BGIS inspires better business performance across its client's real estate portfolios by developing and implementing real estate and facilities management strategies. Globally, BGIS manages over 300 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
We are currently looking for Building Maintenance Technicians across Canada with backgrounds in HVAC, plumbing or electrical with previous experience in the Telecommunications industry.
The successful candidate will have a strong service background, a positive attitude, be a team player, enjoy working with people, well organized and have a strong customer focus. Excellent wages, minimum 40 hours/week, company vehicle, uniform, paid vacation & benefit package for the right person.
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, routine and on-demand services on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems for the assigned facility. The Technician is also responsible for performing work in accordance with established processes and practices and for complying with internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs regular facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facility are maintained.
- Provides observations about facility, facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides recommendations for enhancement and repair.
- Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, mechanical and electrical equipment and system monitoring and inspection.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment.
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements.
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required.
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis.
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices.
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection. Performs duties subject to legislative licensing requirements and company policy
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment.
Knowledge & Skills
- More than 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience
- Experience in Telecommunications
- High school diploma plus trades training and certification or licensing
- Ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Ability to maintain and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills in order to determine and resolve building mechanical and electrical equipment and system issues
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards and ability to research and apply related codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner.
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
Trade certification or license in one or more of the following - required:
- Journeyman level Refrigeration license. Gasfitter I & II license in addition to a refrigeration license, an asset.
- Journeyman level Electrical license
- Journeyman level Plumbing license
- Power Engineering 3rd Class
Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
Valid Drivers’ License
How To Apply
Please follow the links below to apply for jobs in specific locations:
Greater Toronto Area (GTA): https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BJCCANADA&cws=53&rid=4360