AboriginalCareers.ca Job Board
|Title||Reporter/Editor (English Services)|
|Company Name||CBC Radio-Canada|
- Critically edit material written by others with an eye to legal/ethical issues
- Provide quality control for stories published to CBC.ca, making sure all of our stories live up to our Journalistic Standards and Practices
- Work one-on-one with reporters/writers to improve stories and writing. This includes ensuring accuracy, consistency in style, and editing for basic “craft” including story flow and unanswered questions
- Write strong headlines
- Build and package content, including photo galleries, videos and related links
- Maintain a thorough understanding of digital/mobile platforms and audience needs by day and time
- Work in a deadline-driven news and current affairs environment while maintaining a calm, professional and understanding attitude
- Perform the work of a reporter/editor
- Edit, encode, digitize and package audio and video material for a website using appropriate technologies
- Use interactive tools to create simple graphics to aid reader understanding
Ability to write with voice and personality
An understanding of image selection and editing
Familiarity with social media in the distribution of news
An understanding of an online Content Management System is an asset
Strong communication skills
Extensive general knowledge
Excellent knowledge of current events
Initiative and independent judgement (though advice and guidance will be available)
How To Apply
If this sounds interesting, please apply online!
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.