Our People Principles
Behind our People Vision stands our absolute commitment to respect and recognize our people, to support their personal growth and education, to instill leadership and dedication, and to provide them with the best working environment possible. To guide our actions, we follow the People Principles that reflect McDonald’s values and describe the culture we embrace. We have always been committed to doing the right thing for our employees. Our values and behaviours are the foundation for the relationships we foster with our employees. We continue to believe in and reaffirm our long-standing policy of providing fair and equal opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. If you are selected as part of the selection process and you require an accommodation, we shall provide or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your needs due to disability.
Respect and Recognition
- Employees are respected, valued and empowered.
- Employees are recognized and rewarded in many ways.
- Great rewards for outstanding work include a variety of exciting “Once in a Lifetime Opportunities.”
Values and Behaviours
- We act in the best interest of the company, our employees and the communities in which we operate.
- We communicate openly, listen for understanding and value diverse opinions.
- We accept personal accountability.
- We coach and learn.
Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Compensation packages include benefits that employees tell us they value.
- Employees receive regular performance and wage reviews.
Learning, Development and Personal Growth
At McDonald’s, we are proud of the opportunities we provide our employees to grow and develop personally and professionally. Not only do we provide tens of thousands of Canadians a place to work each year, but we also provide the essential training which gives our employees the skills to further their careers. McDonald’s invests millions annually on training, crew, managers and corporate employees, offering tremendous opportunities to gain the skills to forge a career within the McDonald’s network or externally. In fact, our management development programs are accredited with several colleges and universities across Canada.
It’s time for your enthusiasm and determination to take you places.
A Great Start
Hundreds of thousands of Canadians got their first job experience working behind the counter or in the kitchens and drive-thrus of McDonald’s. They chose McDonald’s for all kinds of reasons. Regardless of why they joined or how long they stayed, a first job at McDonald’s has served as a springboard to exciting and diverse careers for many successful Canadians. It’s a great start.
Training, Education, and Perks
When you join our team, you get more than just a paycheque.
Learning and Development
At McDonald’s® we offer the opportunity to “learn while you earn”. Learning and development are an important part of your McDonald’s work experience and starts as soon as you join the team. Crew trainers, managers and other employees will work with you to show you the ropes, and training continues as you advance through the McDonald’s system. We work hard to promote a positive coaching environment to help you develop to your full potential. In addition to gaining skills and knowledge in the foodservice and hospitality industry, your job at McDonald’s will help you learn teamwork; leadership, communication and guest service skills; responsibility and time management.
We believe in giving you the tools you need to succeed, whether it’s the chance to run your own restaurant or succeed in a corporate career at McDonald’s. To be the best company we can, we have to offer the best opportunities, and we believe that the best are right here. In our Restaurant Operations and People Leadership Practices training, participants learn to:
- Develop the skills to lead others in Operational and People Excellence
- Use appropriate leadership approaches to develop high-performing teams and individuals
- Recognize the importance of team building and use appropriate tools and techniques to help teams reach their full potential
- Prioritize restaurant needs to improve People, Operations, profit and sales
- Diagnose factors to achieve our high food quality standards
- Develop a Restaurant Improvement Plan
- Use tools and techniques to develop teams
- Identify strategies to build employee engagement
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews
- Translate classroom activities into action plans
- How to put together a holistic planner to accomplish your goals personally and professionally
McDonald’s Business Leadership Practices training provides Restaurant Managers with:
- An awareness of how adopting and fostering accountability can impact business results
- An understanding of how creative thinking techniques can be applied to operational challenges within the restaurant
- An understanding of how to better develop restaurant talent to improve business results
- An understanding of the social responsibility culture at McDonald’s and the motivation and ideas for incorporating social responsibility activities into their businesses
- Build fundamental business planning skills, and practice promoting a positive image of McDonald’s in an effort to build community relationships
Education and Scholarships
Approximately 50% of our employees are 18 years of age or younger, and we were awarded by Canada Top 100 Employers the 2016 Top Employer for Young People award. As one of Canada’s leading youth employers, McDonald’s believes in responsible student employment. Education and schoolwork must come first. That’s why we’re always ready to help employees balance work and studies. We also believe in supporting our employees’ goals to further their education through our long-standing scholarship program. For more than 25 years, McDonald’s has awarded thousands of scholarships as a way of recognizing and rewarding restaurant employees for their achievements at work, at school and in their communities. Since the program began, more than 4,000 McDonald’s employees have shared in scholarship awards, totaling more than $2 million.
Benefits and Rewards
Our Crew, Restaurant Managers and full-time employees are eligible for a wide range of benefits* and rewards. We offer competitive starting rates plus regular wage and performance reviews to promote skills growth and earning power. Other benefits include free uniforms for our Restaurant Staff and various discounts. Full-time McDonald’s employees are eligible for enhanced total compensation and benefits, such as our Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan that offers extended health, dental, disability and life insurance for employees and their families.
McDonald’s recognizes and rewards hard work, dedication, motivation and results. Appreciation comes in many forms – from a simple thank you for a job well done, to restaurant-wide recognition through programs such as the ‘Employee of the Month’ and management leadership awards. Outstanding Restaurant Management performance is recognized by our Ray Kroc Awards. Each year, the top 1% of McDonald’s Restaurant Managers are honored with this award, which recognizes their passion for excellence.
|Full Time Crew - McDonalds Penticton ...|
|Penticton British Columbia|
|Late-night Crew Positions - Aldergrov...|
|Aldergrove British Columbia|
|CALLING ALL MAINTENANCE EXPERTS!|
|Full Time Opportunity - Golden McDona...|
|Remote Calgary Alberta|
|McDonald’s in MILTON is NOW Hiring ...|
|Cashiers & Cooks - Full time - Golden...|
|Golden British Columbia|
|Full Time Anytime Cooks and Cashiers ...|
|Golden British Columbia|
|Shift Manager - McDonalds Golden, BC|
|Golden British Columbia|
|Cashiers & Cooks - Part time - Golden...|
|Golden British Columbia|
|Maintenance Staff - 10520 - 111 Avenu...|
|Shift Managers - Winnipeg McDonalds|
|Delivery Unloaders - Various McDonald...|
|Vancouver British Columbia|
|FULL TIME OVERNIGHT MAINTENANCE - Wes...|
|Maple Ridge British Columbia|
|The BEST people work at McDonalds|
|Sylvan Lake Alberta|
|Red Deer Alberta|
|Stony Plain Alberta|
|Fort McMurray Alberta|
|High River Alberta|