Become a School Bus Driver in Your Community!
Our mission is to deliver quality training and safety information to all interested First Nation Communities including organizations, groups and/or individuals. Our Specialized Driver and Transportation Safety Programs are based on our philosophy that “Attitude is a vital key to collision free driving”.
The School Bus Driver Training Program
Our program has been designed with every school bus driver and school bus operator in mind.
The focus is on behavioural modification tools for teaching drivers to be safe, aware, focused, educated and responsible drivers.
Eligibility for a Class B or E Driver’s License
- Criminal background check
- Completed medical application form by family doctor
- Evaluation of current driving skill and aptitude
- Successful road and written evaluations
- Successful completion of the School Bus Driver Improvement Course (SBDIC)
What to Expect
- Our instructors will come to YOUR Community!
- Your Community will provide venue, vehicle for training purposes and accommodations and travel for instructor
- We supply all course and training materials
- Driver Training Course is generally 40 hours (1 person) depending on driver experience and aptitude for driving larger vehicles. This does not include the 8 hour School Bus Driver Improvement Course
- In-vehicle training can be for 1 to 4 persons, 4 persons in-vehicle will be approximately 100 hours
- Each session is designed to be site specific, interactive and results oriented
- School Bus Driver Improvement Course (Mandatory in Ontario for Applicants for a class “B””E” license)
The Participants Manual
- Self study and review format
- Easy to follow
- Chapters laid out to build on the previous lessons learned
- Based on Ministry of Transportation guidelines
Driver Training (In-Vehicle)
- $560 daily each (full 8-hour days; 40 hours)
- SBDIC – 8.5 hour course
- Refresher Course – up to 6-hour course
Additional Charges that may apply:
- All applicable taxes
- Additional baggage costs for equipment (if applicable)
- Accommodations (if applicable)
The SBDIC Program
The School Bus Driver Improvement Course is a tailored curriculum, designed to prepare the participant for the challenges of driving in the twenty first century. This is accomplished by analyzing methods to reduce the number of injuries and deaths resulting from traffic interactions. It has been developed as a review and upgrade of the laws and principles of safe driving techniques. using the concepts of vision and space awareness, the driver will be presented with a pro-active driving system.
Instructors are knowledgeable and very aware of the problems that face drivers every day. Each instructor is Ministry of Transportation approved signing authority qualified, and has classroom presentation experience.
Attitude is a vital key to collision free driving.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have received a professional level of information and insight that will maintain or elevate your Community or company’s known reputation for having ONLY THE BEST.
Call when you need:
- A School Bus Driver Improvement Course Provider
- To develop new training programs or upgrade existing training programs.
- A ‘back-up plan’ for temporary training personnel.
Toll Free: 1-866-720-7239